Sunday, August 26, 2007



John had an incredible morning of fishing! He caught this impressive 19 inch brown trout - his biggest brown trout from a stream, ever - and on his last morning!!

In his own words: I also caught a hefty 16 incher, at least 10 or 12 trout over 13 inches, 3 that were 15 inchers, most of them browns. I had other huge fish come up for my streamer (a black wooley bugger) that didn't get hooked. On my first cast in this hole, after only one strip of my line, the fish hit. It didn't feel that big right away, it dove down, then it felt like I had a snag, but it moved, made a long run, took drag out, and took me about 10 minutes to get him in. Since I'd lost my net last week, I had to bring it to shore to land it. What a memorable experience, one I will never, ever forget. What an exciting day! I also caught some on dry flies (Caddis). I feel elated, I caught the most big fish today. What a feeling when I saw it for the first time, it was so beautiful, I could see every spot on the fish and see how long it was beacuse of the crystal clear water.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Wow, what a catch! Bigger than the one in the living room? Neat hook-jaw on that one - must be a male.