
We had fun fishing with our neighbors Linda and Tony on their boat on Friday. It started out as a chilly, cloudy day with the sun coming out at noon. We caught some fluke but no keepers and we caught many sea robins. The one I'm holding is one of the biggest ones caught.

Thanks for a fun day!

The gnats have not been horrible yet this year but something keeps biting me and giving me huge, extremely itchy, swollen bumps that last for 3 days. John surprised me by taking my picture while I tackled the grape ivy growing in the forsythia. The net really helped as did the insect repellant that I doused myself with. Luckily I chose to do yardwork before this heat spell began.

The fawns were born a couple of weeks ago. We saw one out back that may have been only an hour or so old! Now a doe and her 2 fawns regularly pass through the back yard. The fawns aren't drinking out of the bird baths yet or licking the salt lick but they will be soon.

Now you can see why we don't plant anything - it would only be a deer delicacy and there's so much shade.

Here's John starting our biggest project for the year - staining the shingles and painting the trim all along the back. It took a few days of hard work and it looks great now.

I stained and painted the house that's accessible from the deck. This before pic above shows how marked up the shingles got from deck furniture.

Wow, this windowsill certainly needed painting.

Aaaahhhh, now that looks good.

Aaahhh, now that looks great!
2 comments:
Awesome sea robin, beautiful fawns, job well done on the house!
you've been working hard. now enjoy the visit from your grandson! :-)
Post a Comment