
We caught this 23 lb., 9 oz., 36 inch king salmon 10 minutes after all our lines were in the water at 7:10 AM!! A great deal of teamwork was involved in landing this monster. John removed the rod from the rodholder, held on while the fish took lots of line, then passed it to me to fight it, then I passed it back to him to maneuver it in for netting, then I netted it with no problem except that I couldn't lift it in the boat alone! About an hour later we caught a 20 inch steelhead then had no bites the rest of the morning. It became hot with almost no breeze and was quite a nice morning. Luckily the camp owners have a chest freezer for customers' fish and they were pleased to receive a fresh fish meal for themselves. Hmmmm, fresh fish for dinner.
1 comment:
Massive!! That thing looks even bigger than 23 lbs -- it's half as big as Mom!
Post a Comment