Monday, March 2, 2009

Trenton's Party

Can you believe it, Trenton's 3 years old! Sheryl and Jim had a big party for him in the clubhouse. It's an excellent facility for a large gathering. The kids played with Play Doh with parental supervision.They were on their best behavior.
Oliver had a little snooze. Lunch was (delivered) pizza and salad.
"Hi everybody, don't forget about me over here in the corner!"
"I'm having fun with Grandma, Grampack, Grandmom and Pop-Pop."
"This is the biggest party I've ever been to!"
"That tickles, Grampack."
"You make me smile, Grampack."
"Do I get to have a cupcake, too?"
"Next year?"
"Watch out, Trenton, as soon as I can get out of this chair I'll be playing with your toys!"
The children listened intently to the pinata instructions.
Trenton went first and last. He has an excellent swing because he loves to play baseball, just like Daddy did. Mommy had to rip the cardboard open a bit so the candy could fall out.
Everybody grab some!
Maya watches as Trenton blows out the candles. The party theme was Cars, a popular kids' movie. Sheryl made this cake to look like a road!
The grandmas made cupcakes with red icing, sprinkles and Cars decorations.
Trenton had the entire cake to himself!
"Mommy, it's really all for me?!"
"Ooo, messy." Notice he's gripping a mini candy bar in his left hand, he didn't want to let go of that prize.
"I think I'm full now, can I go play?"
Grandmom and Pop-Pop Lacina had a Cars bag full of presents. Trenton was thrilled to receive a guitar just like Uncle Jay's!"
Trenton loved playing with his new airplane. It shoots off of the base and it flies easily with just a toss. It's made of soft material and hopefully will last a while. The big space of the now cleared out clubhouse was the ideal place to fly it. Trenton loves his new blue Crocs (shoes). Once he opened them and put them on he wanted to keep them on.
Uncle Jay teaches Trenton how to play his new guitar. Uncle Jay is teaching himself to play the acoustic guitar so he's able to give Trenton some instruction.
"Thanks for the moldable foam, Uncle Jay. Next time you visit we'll make some cool animals."
"Ooooo, thanks for the Kid Zoom digital camera, Grandma and Grampack!" As soon as Daddy got it open (the plastic packaging is tough stuff) and put the batteries in, Trenton was taking pictures. Watch for them on Sheryl's blog. It was a fun day, well worth all of Jim and Sheryl's planning and hard work.

No comments: