John caught many, many large trout in the Missouri River at Wolf Creek. There's a small campground by the launching ramp so it was easy for him to just wade fish nearby. Of course many other people had the same idea! After seeing so many people going out on float trips I wanted to do one, too, so we booked one for Monday, after the weekend crowds. Oh boy, was it ever crowded at the ramp and on the river this weekend. The weather was the usual high 90s with mostly sunny skies so everyone was happy to be on the water where it's a little bit cooler.
This picture is out of order, don't know why, but here I am with a nice big rainbow first thing in the morning. You can tell it's first thing because I still have a shirt on over my lightweight shirt. It's a tremendous thrill to fly fish!!
This picture shows why the fish are so fat and plentiful in the Missouri River! Caddis flies by the millions emerged from the water and mated, then laid eggs in the water every day. They got in any and every orifice but they just tickled, didn't bite. They covered the camper at times and came in every time you opened the door. I'll be vacuuming up their carcasses someday! One time I even swallowed one as did many other people.
John caught this nice brown trout on a hopper fly. He also caught several rainbows. So, even though we had excessive heat, excessive crowds and excessive bugs we managed to have a good time!




1 comment:
Oh man, that photo of the cadis flies was sick!
Post a Comment