
Mom and I went for a walk on the Wildflower Trail at Tourne County Park today. It was warm and breezy, a beautiful day for our outing. It was thrilling to see this beautiful Pink Lady's Slipper near the beginning of the trail. This is the first time I've ever seen this rare flower.

There are markers all along the trail in addition to a trail guide booklet. There are various flowers in bloom from April through August.

A brook meanders through the trail. Part of it is visible behind Mom.

Very tall ferns.

So picturesque.

Oh no, I've forgotten the name of this little flower. Post a comment if you can identify it, please.

Can you see why this is called Elephant Rock?

Next year we'll go earlier in the spring so we can see different flowers in bloom.
1 comment:
My guess is bleeding hearts judging by the foliage - it's hard to see the flower. There are bleeding hearts and false bleeding hearts - I can't tell them apart, but I think they both have pink flowers. I have some in my yard:)
Post a Comment