Monday, January 10, 2011

Jim and Oliver visit

Jim and Oliver came for a visit this weekend while Sheryl and Trenton had other fun things to do. One of Oliver's Christmas gifts was delayed getting here. The look of pure joy on his face was priceless as he opened and then drove his remote control Wiggles Big Red Car!
Mmmm, pudding.
When Jim and Jason were little punch balls were fun to play with. I've looked for years to find them again and finally found them this fall in Peddler's Village. Oliver has just as much fun bouncing it and throwing it as he does punching it. Uncle Jay's gift of a toy pool table is also a big hit. I was too busy having fun to take more pictures!
When they were getting ready to leave I was talking with Oliver about what he did this weekend and what he saw outside. I listed birds and deer and he said "and squirrels too!" We watched squirrels do the snowy obstacle course. He says so many cute and clever things, just like Trenton did and still does. Last Wednesday we had a nice dinner with everyone at Lacina's. While we sat at the dinner table Oliver and Jim started telling knock-knock jokes. When Oliver made up his own we laughed and clapped at his clever spontanaity:
Oliver to Uncle Jay - "Knock knock"
Uncle Jay - "Who's there?"
Oliver - "Mommy"
Uncle Jay - "Mommy who"
Oliver - "Mommy's right there!"

2 comments:

Jim said...

Thanks for a great visit, guys! Next time we come up, maybe we'll bring the Big Red Car back with us. Trenton and Mommy wanted to see it! Great gift, for sure.

Glad we have that knock-knock joke recorded now. We'll have to start adding "Oliverisms" to our Christmas letters now. :-)

Sheryl said...

Glad you had fun!
I can't wait to see the Wiggles car.