Sunday, January 23, 2011

An Electrifying Visit

We had lots of indoor fun with family yesterday! Oliver starts out with berries, one of his favorite snacks. Sheryl's lucky - she can pull her hair back. The static is bad this year, maybe because it's been very cold for so long.
The deer alternated between eating pumpkins out back and visiting our neighbors across the street. Oliver's chair is positioned so he can watch all the wildlife. In this picture everybody's in various stages of lunch: ruby red grapefruit (delicious!), eggs and waffles, and chocolate swirl pudding.
Whoa - look at Trenton's hair!
Aahhh!!!
No, he's not blowing it up but it sure made his hair stand up!
When Jim and Jason were kids we always had punching balls on hand for indoor fun. I've been looking for them for about 3 years and finally found them at the toy store in Peddler's Village, Lahaska, PA this fall. From now on we'll keep them on hand for the boys (all 4 boys). It was so much fun to hit them back and forth and, of course, to punch them. Trenton can do two at once, one in each hand!
Trenton and I had the following conversation when I went downstairs with him where he likes to play with the pool balls and watch cartoons. He started playing and I sat down at the computer:
"Are you going to do your blog, Grandma?"
"No, I'm just going to check my e-mail."
I never in my wildest dreams could have imagined having this conversation with my grandson!
I especially enjoying working on this sixties puzzle recently. Can anyone identify the brown-haired woman above the lava lamp (on the right side) and the blonde-haired woman on the yellow background above her? None of us can.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Doris Day and Joni Mitchell?